In 1854, Father Thomas Nickolds erected a school chapel, dedicated to St Patrick, in Royal East Street, near Belgrave Gate, at a cost of £1,000.
The original school subsequently closed and the foundation stone for the current school, located on Harrison Road in Belgrave, was laid by the Bishop of Nottingham, Rt. Rev. Dr. John McNulty, on May 9th 1936.
The school first opened its doors to pupils on April 6th 1937.